Purpose of Job
The programming, setting up and operation of all types of CNC lathe to the optimum safe method.
- Programming, setting and operating CNC Lathes / Mills (turning bias preferred)
- Reading and interpreting from engineering drawings to enable programming, setting and manufacture to achieve a right first time product.
- Creating layout sheets to document tooling, tools, set ups and machine parameters to achieve repeatable results by self or others.
- Ability to work by self to achieve exceptional high standards and deadlines.
- Able to qualify and document own work using a variety of measuring equipment.
- Ability and willingness to support and train others.
- To work safely using the appropriate PPE and maintain a safe and organised work place.
- To continuously improve and provide time / cost saving ideas to supervisor wherever possible.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Time served apprenticeship would be preferred but not entirely necessary.
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years programming and operating 3, 4 & 5 Axis CNC machines.
- Must be proficient in either or both advanced Fanuc (ISO), Heidenhain controls, – knowledge of Mazak and other systems would be advantageous too.
- Previous experience in large machining and the following machines will be of benefit Binns and Berry, VTL and VTC.
- Overhead crane training & Manual Handling training
- Good written and communicational skills are essential.
- Reliable, loyal, friendly and approachable.
- Able to flex and support an ever changing business
You will be working alongside and highly motivated and skilled workforce.
Management are very open and accessible and team leaders will assist with any problems. The shop floor is well structured, organised and professional. The business is continuously developing to support and grow with their current and new “World Leader” customer base.
- Oil & Gas