Purpose of Job
The setting up and operation of all types of assembly/welding and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- To carry out assembly/welding operations as directed by the Team Leader, or with others who have an input into the job.
- To manufacture, or assist in the manufacture of, any tooling necessary for the production of components.
- To liaise with customers and suppliers to overcome assembly/welding or equipment problems.
- To be totally responsible for the quality of own work.
- To carry out routine and minor maintenance including good housekeeping within the assembly/welding department.
- To inform the Team Leader of any special tools or tooling needed for the production of components as early as possible, so minimizing delays.
- Assist other sections as required.
- To be continually improving efficiency and reducing costs and suggest these to the Team Leader and fellow colleagues.
- To report machine or equipment faults/improvements to the Team Leader.
- At the end of each manufacturing sequence to transfer the items to the next section along with any additional information added to the route card.
- Notify the Team Leader of the need for the next job.
- To ensure that all tools loaned from stores are covered by the personal tags, and replace immediately after use.
- To carry out any other tasks as reasonably requested, including undertaking necessary training and be willing to train others to the best of your ability.
You will be working alongside and highly motivated and skilled workforce.
Management is very open and accessible and team leaders will assist with any problems. The shop floor is well structured, organised and professional. The business is continuously developing to support and grow with their current and new “World Leader” customer base.
- Oil & Gas
Certified MIG / TIG Welder
Structured and diligent approach to working
Based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Competitive Salary on offer